Sunday, September 7, 2008

Narita Golf Course


Sunday was golf at Narita Golf Course, a short 5,991yds 18-hole course just next to Narita airport. Playing partner had diarhoea, and called it quits before the first nine finished. He left after lunch. His condition was not inspiring, and I shot 53 on the first nine due to the wait for his toilet break, and subsequent curses when he could not hit well. On one hole, he had to rush into the bush just before teeing off. Poor chap.



I decided to continue after the lunch break and shot 45 on the second nine. I had 3 pars, 5-bogeys and 1 double par due to an OB. I was beginning to warm up as the walk on the first nine had helped to loosen me up. On a 312yds par 4, my drive put me only 20yds from the green but only managed to par it. My approach was not near enough for a one putter. Managed to try the Mizuno 401 Cross Eight ball. It went really far, much further than the Callaway ERC Hot. After the bath and onsen, helped myself to the foot massage and body massage machines at the clubhouse. Traffic was smoother than usual and I reached home within an hour from leaving Narita.

No comments: