Friday, June 13, 2008

美奈木 (Minagi)

Today is golf at Minagi [美奈木]in 吉川, near Osaka. Score was 47/52, not bad for a tough course. The yardage on this course is measured to the front edge of the green, so on average every hole has another 10-25yards added for the actual distance to the hole. We played off the blue tee, which isjust over 6,500 yards.

Not a very forgiving course, every approach to the green is uphill and every green is protected by bunkers. My practice in trying to improve my tempo has paid off. My drive mostly found the fairway, if not, in the rough. I did not have a single OB...I checked my Suunto G6 and every drive was showing exacty the same head speed, 43m/s ! Talk about consistency!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

slow down tiger or the rest of us mortal cannot catch up lah ...

J said...

I just need to fix my short game and I think I have found the solution, read my recnt blog...