Monday, August 11, 2008

New gear!

2 items arrived today for me. 2 dozen golf balls and new gadget.

In one of my recent golf rounds at Pete Dye, I found a wayward ball. It was a Mizuno Cross Eight D301. Since the condition was playable, I decided to give it a try. Whoah! The distance was 1 club longer than the Callaway ERC Hot and HX Tours I was using. So I decided to research into it and found that Mizuno offers a very wide range of golf balls. The Cross Eight range is their top range ball, with eight patterns of cross grooves within the core for greater rebound and distance.

I found that Mizuno even match head speeds to their balls, with recommended head speed for each ball type/model. So instead of the D301 (which flies), I ordered 2 dozens of the T301 (T for tour) which is optimized for driver head speeds of 45m/s, exactly my head speed.





The second item is a GPS receiver that is designed for golfing in Japan It is called "Shot Navi Pocket " or Shot Navigator in your pocket. It has data of over 2,000 golf courses, almost all the courses in Japan and acts like your personal GPS unit at the golf course. Once switched on, it automatically locates the course and hole you're at and starts giving you the distance to the green. It also has the abilkity to keep track of your scores, and the distance you hit with each shot since it is GPS based. New course data can be downloaded from the net. What a gadget !


I look forward to the next round of golf...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

bro, let me know if you happen to be playing on 8nov08 (saturday) ...
by the way, love your balls and gadget as well!

J said...

8Nov can always be arranged..

Anonymous said...

can use your clubs? will bring my own balls ...

J said...

You can rent from the course. My spare clubs are with a friend. In any case, my clubs are not suitable for you.

Anonymous said...

SO L San...You have moved to BMW now eh?? The Jap M3 are such a good buy.. I knew it was only a matter of time before you ditch the s2000 screamer for something with grunt and above all STYLE..try to get the M3 powered by the V8 Power plant of the M5 called THE BEAST....Thats Serious Power and Style...Like Gucci on a Rocket...as for golf balls... na!! I lose too many of them too quickly...
you know who!

J said...

The M3 handles better than the M5...even the basic 3 series vs the 5 series is the same. The 5 series is bit too big to be nimble, especially on the track,