Monday, April 21, 2008

Melbourne here I come

Am sitting at the Qantas lounge at Narita airport, waiting for boarding. I can't help but be reminded of how indiscreet some Aussies are....by these two blokes who were chatting quite loudly. I don't want to know what problems they have with their work or relationships, neither of their aspirations, but here I am hearing some of it. In Australia, its called "whinge-ing" pronounced "whinjing". These two blokes were on a different flight and they left when boarding for SYD was announced. Whew!

Mobile phones ring internittently in the Qantas lounge, although its impolite in Japan to use your mobile phone in public and "quiet" areas like these. I guess we bring our habits with us all around...

On a more positive note, earlier today I got some help from the Australian embassy in Tokyo to get my ETA issued, as it could not be processed online. Japanese staff at the embassy were quite helpful. They fixed the problem within 2hours and faxed over a letter confirming that my ETA had been approved.

Well, until MEL, signing off...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoy and do give us your 'field report' ...

J said...

sorry, no field trip in MEL...
J