Sunday, April 20, 2008

Driving Range in 神宮

Today was spent at the driving range in 神寓 ゴルフ練習所 (Jingu Driving range). Had to wait for 45 mins due to some baseball event using the range. Just warming up in my lane on 2F and noticed a lady I saw downstairs at reception, who looked somewhat inappropriately dressed for range: denim jeans and a knitted top over some sexy black shoestring top....Brought her pearl white shiny LV tote bag along and even wore perfume! For driving range? Women golfers.

When I saw her hitting an iron off the driver height rubber tee, I had no doubt she was a beginner in trouble. Of course, I had to offer some advice, lest a hooked ball fly in my face. Ended up teaching her to swing for the next 2hrs. Well it turned out that Ms. Y happens to be a VP in Goldman Sachs.....Said she'd call for more "lessons" from me.

In any case, with the help of my Suunto G6 golf watch, I managed to bring down my tempo to around 1.15s to 1.25s, from 1.35-1.5s. Had to shorten my swing to get this tempo, but it turned out that this actually accelerates the upswing, or it felt so. Did not notice any significant increase in clubhead speed for the driver, but it certainly increases the consistency of my hits. So it its true that having the right tempo in the swing is important for straight shots.

All in all, a fruitful day at the range...




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep your eyes on the balls mate ...

J said...

I can't comment if I don't know who you are, pls leave at least your initials?
J

Anonymous said...

face it lah ...

J said...

ok, that at least....
J